Photo : La Plantation
For 2 people: 100g fresh lemon grass (white part), 10g fresh turmeric or 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 10g white turmeric, 10g galangal, 3 clove garlic, 3 shallots, 1 kaffir lime leaf (combava), 2 teaspoons Sweet Long Chili, 2 teaspoons fresh green peppercorns, 1 cup of fresh coconut milk, 1 teaspoon palm sugar and fleur de sel, 100g mushrooms (Oyster or Golden), 300g fish, crab or chicken meat,
- Slice 5 sticks of lemon grass (only the white part) and all spices.
- Crush in a mortar the lemon grass with a teaspoon of each ingredient. Add them one by one and crush them until it becomes a paste.
- Put the chili paste in a big bowl, add a spoon of corn oil. Add a teaspoon of flower of salt, a teaspoon of palm sugar, 2 teaspoons of fresh green peppercorns. Mix them.
- Add the curry paste and a cup of coconut milk.
- Mix all ingredients together. You amok paste is now ready.
- Slice the mushrooms and mix them in the amok paste. Slice the fish, put the fish slices in the amok and mix it. Keep it marinating for 3 minutes.
- If you can find Banana leaves, you can create small recipients or simply use a bowl.
- Fill your banana leave or bowl with 4 spoons of Amok mix.
- Put your banana leaves or bowls in the steam basket. Steam them over boiling water for 15 minutes.